Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #16
23U_2016

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #7389
8,000 lb Trailer Hitch For 23U Cannot Be Used For 8,000 lb Towing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
I see nothing 'flat out misleading' by stating that an RV has a '8,000 lb hitch'...

it can tow 8,000 lbs. You may have made your own assumptions, and now you are not satisfied with your purchase, that's understandable... but no manufacturer is going to state a number 'LESS' than what the hitch manufacturer states. Sorry... maybe it'll still work for you - maybe the hitch manufacturer can shed some light on it.
Well this has certainly been an interesting thread. However you slice it, Thor could have done a better job in the advertising. The onus is on them not me. It is their product and they apparently intended to create a grey area as it was good for their marketing.
As to the 500-lb tongue weight, that is not disclosed in any marketing or specification. It is on a hitch label.
My unit is a Four Winds 23U which has a GVCWR of 22,000-lb and a fully loaded weight of 10,600-lb so it has the tow capacity of 11,400-lb.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum