Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 09:55 AM   #3
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I also made some shades from reflectix...bought a roll from amazon, or maybe it was from Lowes, and made shades for all the windows and vents for use in storage.
I glued in some of those little plastic knobbed thumb tacks to form little knobs, one each side, to give something for the shades to sit on in the openings for the skylight and roof fan vents. Worked ok but they would still fall out on occasion. I did leave the skylight one in a few times even when using the shower.

Then when I had me roof work done (sprayed on rvroof.com) I replaced the already sun damaged dome with a new one and had them spray right over it. No sunlight gets in now. The darkness is a downside, but no more worries about sun fading the shower and interior, and reduced concerns about things like hail. It's probably strong enough to stand on now..... and a huge R factor difference!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.