Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #14
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
This is the one thing I was disappointed that the Axis/Vegas didn't have. I would figure that the class B/C system would work. Something else to add to the list...
If you go with the Quadra system, I think the only difference in the Class A vs. the Class C systems is the length of the hoses and cables (at least until you get into the very large systems which might have 6 cylinders).

Either way, you are probably no more than 3 hours from the factory. It would make a long day for sure, but the installation takes about 3 hours so it could be done in one day including round trip.

You would take I-94 West to Kalamazoo, then south on US-131 about 20 miles to White Pigeon, Mi. The factory is on US-131.

Alternatively, there is a KOA in Middlebury, Indiana also on US-131; less than 10 miles south from the Quadra factory - so it would be an easy over-night trip as well.

The advantage of having the factory do it is they could custom cut the hydraulic lines vs. having to order the specific lengths - which might not be easy to determine until the system is installed.

Of course, the Lippert factory is not that much farther - maybe 20 miles or so further for you than the Quadra factory - if you go with that brand.

If you ever get over to the Quadra factory, you might as well take in a tour of the Thor plant as it is within 20 miles or so as well. And if you are looking for any goodies, there is a large RV surplus/junk store in Elkhart, as well as the RV Museum.

And you cannot forget Shipshewana, In (summertime on Tue and Wed), which is one of the largest - if not the largest - flea market in the USA. It also is only a few miles from Quadra. And there are a couple more RV parks there as well.

You could entertain yourself for a couple of days with several side trips when visiting that area.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum