Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 01:13 PM   #14
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
For the last several months I also have been attempting to improve the handling of my Ford F53 chassis. Did a front end alignment, the CHF (cheap handling fix), adjusted my tires to the correct psi, and had the Safe-T-Plus installed. So now we are on the road and as I gauge it weekly I feel it is about 50% to 60% better.

Yesterday I decided to order front and rear Sumo bumper springs. I was going to do a rear trac bar only but decided to go with Sumo's instead. This will put me almost to $1,800 on suspension upgrades but if it makes this chassis handle 75% to 85% better it will be worth every penny spent.

I guess if the Sumo's don't get me there then a rear trac bar will be the next thing to go on.

As far as it not being "good" or safe to do the CHF, I guess my question would be to those mechanics making that statement would be: if that suspension adjustment wasn't safe to do then why did Ford even have the lower adjustment holes there for the arms to be placed in?
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.