Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #8
Feburns

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Florida
THOR #1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Is it possible to attach one of those clear, 90 degree or so, attachments to your drain? Then you can attach your hose to the end of that. That's what I did on mine and makes it easier in knowing when the tank is empty.
The only thing that I can attach to it right now is the sewer system that has a water hose, but the water hose can only point up- there is no room to turn it. I have one of those attachments but there is not room for it to go down through the hole and not enough space between the hole and the drain to get the collar up from underneath. Supposedly they put these in the compartment to keep them from freezing- this unit comes with both a black and gray tank heater, but this is not a big problem here in Sarasota. I don't have to dump right now- I can attach a regular dump hose but it immediately has to turn up and I have to leave the compartment door open. I thought about just cutting out the bottom of the cabinet but will see about just removing it. Good idea folks. Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.