Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New Thor ACE
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #31
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
We have a 2017 ACE 30.1 and got the Axxera head unit in front and the Jensen unit in back. No remotes for either, but we did get 3 TV remotes.

The Axxera has a Rear Camera icon on the home screen. We don't use the Axxera radio at all but I have the BT Music connected to my iPhone. I gave up on radio years ago when I got my first iPhone. One wish list is that the time appear on the camera views. DW wants the rear camera on all the time and freaks if I take my eyes off the road long enough to flip back to the home screen.

I use the BT connection for the Jenson to run the outside speakers - DW also uses it for her iPhone white noise generator app with the bedroom speakers. It took a bit of fiddling to get the BT working and I had to go out and find my own manual on the Jensen site. Same for the Axxera as Thor neglected to provide either manual.

I'm ponding how much work it might be to rewire the speakers to a centralized switcher so I can actually control what gets routed to them.Biggest pain is that somehow Thor didn't see the value of wiring TV outputs to the adjacent speakers (over couch speakers for living area, bedroom speakers for bedroom and outside speakers for the outside TV). Seems like a no brainer and not easy to do after its assembled. I did put in a central TV switcher so now I can route antenna, cable, DVD, etc. independently to each TV. Had to find an out of production Winegard switch unit (coax) on eBay though.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum