Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #13
mccharliejr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Texas
THOR #6962
Hey Team,

On the topic of power... I have a Windsport 34J equipped with the Xantrex inverter. When dry camping off the house battery (generator is off) it was explained to me during my orientation from the dealer that when the volts drop it would auto start the generator. We have a small switch next to the inverter that says "gen auto start "On"" that when toggled would start the generator when the volts dropped. (To clarify, this is not the normal generator prime/start switch) However, it hasn't. So I have two questions.

1) Do you know how to set the voltage threshold on the inverter (Xantrex) to fire up the generator once it drops to a particular level and what is the recommended voltage to have it start?
2) Is there another step to get the generator to auto start when the voltage hits a particular level vs simply have the "gen auto start on" switch in the "on" position?

The Thor owners manual was zero help and I have not been able to find instructions online. Would love any insight.

Charlie

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum