Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
Rocky49

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 22 GOC (aka 22E)
State: Alberta
THOR #7302
Question Thor Freedom Elite 23H Wheel Jacks??

I arrived home with my new to me 2014 Freedom Elite 23H built on a Chevy chassis. The trip from Daytona Beach FL to Northern Alberta Canada was 3000 miles and average 9 mpg (US gallons). Over 6 nights on the road everything worked better than advertised. My rig has passed through 5 individuals or dealers along the way and came 7300 miles on it when I got it. So I am not blaming Camping World, Thor, or the used car dealer I bought it from for missing items.

There is no owners manual for this RV (there is one for an ACE!!) and a bunch of operational brochures for accessories. Is there such a thing for the Freedom Elite? Thor has yet to respond.

My RV came with no spare and I could not find any with the 2017 and `18s at Camping Worlds I stopped at on my way home. So I ordered a wheel and tire from my Chevy dealer. I suspect the wheel is supposed to fit in the well in the cargo bin, but it would be too heavy to lift out, so I bought a bumper mount, and will install it there when it arrives next week.

What jacks are folks using, and where are the jack points for changing a tire on these class c's on the road? I am enroute to Alaska and Yukon for a month and it is foolish to travel without a jack and tire iron, but what is the correct one for these Class C RVs? A bumper jack? A bottle jack? a trolley jack, or a scissor jack? What type of tire iron do you need to get those fake chrome hubcaps off?

Rocky

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum