Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Slide in/out
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 02:08 PM   #8
WillowRun

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenmike View Post
WillowRun, thanks for your advice, I just looked between the seals and found a wood screw and electrical cap stuck in the roller under the dinette. In the bedroom area I found a piece of scrap wood, and all the way up front just behind the drivers seat I found a rolled up ball of wrapping. I did as you suggested, vacuuming the entire underneath, the slide now functions properly. Thank you again for your advice, as well as others. This forum is awesome!!!!
Great News.........also since the vacuum does not usually get up under there, I use a stiffer duster (sometimes tape the fly swatter on the end for reach but I know there are adjustable ones out there) and I pull one way with it....does a great job of general crud and does not push things out of reach!!!!

Don't forget to lube the slides only inside of rubber seals as in videos- do NOT put anything on outside tracks that could collect debris, pollen, etc.....they will gunk up quickly.....the joints are reachable by ladder when you do that maintenance!!! happy travels!!!!!! (P.S. check all your A/C ducts and under the sink area too for the same kind of crap floating...take out your kitchen drawers- you will be surprised!!)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum