Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 05:33 PM   #8
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashbrener View Post
on my 34E the front side windows rattle real bad gowing down the road you cant talk to the passanger with out yelling,the main slide also rattles bad.....
I drove home on Interstate 10 across the U.S.A. from FL to CA. Believe me when I say that I felt your pain, particularly while driving through Alabama.

It's a very short section of the I10 approaching and leaving Mobile, however the road is terrible!! That is where I experienced the window rattle of which you speak!

It's also where I discovered that I forgot to insert the safety pins in the overhead bunk and it was bouncing with every bump, (but no damage).

At the first rest stop before I went completely crazy due to the window rattle, I discovered that there are two plastic tabs on the back edge of the window frame that slide up and down. Adjust those plastic tabs so that they grab the window tightly when it's completely shut. Rattling gone! For the rest of my trip home, the windows were quiet. They are also on the passenger side window frame.

Just yesterday, (at Mike Thompson RV in Fountain Valley, CA), I happened to check out the new 2015 Hurricane windows. Besides the fact that they now have that new look, they REALLY tightened the gap in the frame where the front windows slide in the window frame, to the point where it's almost difficult to open and close the windows. Improvement?

As for the holding tank issue, if the front tank gets too full when we boondock, I let the kids use the rear bathroom. Problem solved for a few more days. Beyond that, those stinky tote tanks are available.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum