Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
Ace30.2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 30.2
State: Washington
THOR #5063
Thor or lippert problem

I've been camping now for 25 years. Started off in tents moved up to tent trailer and so on. Bought our first motorhome in August 2016 a 2015 Thor Ace 30.2. Love everything about it except for the slide mechanism. This weekend will be the first trip we have ever had to cancel. I know it is a big slide but if you look at a Cameo 5th wheel they( some models) have a full wall slide and from what I've read not near the problems these schwintek slides have. So who do you blame for this nightmare that people like me who are out of warranty are now stuck with. Thor for going with an unproven design or Lippert for not making these thing more user friendly and trustworthy. Don't know about you guys but the last thing I want to do when I get to the campsite is get the out and stand there holding a button for 20 minutes so it can re sync itself. Why would you design something like that. Maybe I don't need the slide all the way out every time.
It makes no sense to design something like the schwintek system where so much can go wrong so easily. Somebody needs to step up and admit there is a problem with this design and help people like me who have to pay someone to try and understand and fix this horrible problem I am now stuck with. I guess the only person to blame is myself for not doing more research. Again I love everything about the Ace 30.2 except for the schwintek mechanism.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum