Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 01:27 AM   #5
jutdean

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24SA
State: Florida
THOR #3965
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvfigs View Post
Did you get the Bilstein Comforts?

The more data sheets I read about each shock, the more agonizing the decision.

Sometimes real world feedback is so much better than data sheets
I just completed the install of Fox shocks and new sway bar. After researching all the shock options, I chose Fox through VanCompass (https://vancompass.com/collections/s...-2wd-2007-pair) .

Between the two, wind and bumps are handled so much better. I'm very glad I did it. Since I like the improvement so much, I am now considering replacing the struts. I didn't consider it originally because I figured the weight on the front or the RV was probably similar to a standard sprinter whereas the rear of the rv has much more weight and it's obvious the suspension is maxed out.

Also, the stock shocks have no business being on our RV's. Just one more thing Thor cuts corners on... If I didn't get such a good deal on my Thor, I'd be mad about spending this money, but I bought mine "used" with 1400 miles on it for a great discount.

See attached photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170513_163003.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	4928   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170513_163008.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	4929  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170513_163725.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	4930  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum