Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
jutdean

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24SA
State: Florida
THOR #3965
Quote:
Originally Posted by EV2 View Post
How. Big of a job and time consuming for the rear shock replacement?
The actual job is very straight forward. The only reason it wasn't very easy was that I needed a buddy to help compress the new shocks as there was no way I was doing it from underneath the coach. Once he compressed the shocks, I quickly lined it up and inserted the bolts. It took me a couple of tries and there is probably a better way, but it wasn't bad.

Also, when I pulled the old shocks off, I was shocked at how easy they were to compress. My rig only has 8000 miles now and I can't imagine those shocks did much of anything.

Sway bar is also straight forward (I removed the spare for more space during install). Again, having a helper made it much easier.

It's been years since I've really worked on cars so I'm not the kind of guy that is gonna tackle complicated stuff and I felt completely comfortable doing this work.

Repairs - Slide track, kitchen window, blinds, and I am sure more to come (thanks Thor).
jutdean is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.