Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 11:05 PM   #1179
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I tried to use the cable hook up for the first time yesterday. Well it did not work. Zero channels found on search.

So ill be looking for 3 new tvs soon. I have a 36" visio left over from the 5th wheel. I just don't think it will fit at any of tge tv locations

Jerry
Jerry, I measured for the tv over the dinette and pretty sure a 36" will work, I still got a 32" just because they were on sale. Problems I had were the stock brackets have very narrow slots, the Seiki tv's use small bolts. I used a grinding stone on my Dremel to enlarge the slots to fit larger bolts my new tv's needed, real PIA!

The connections for the bedroom tv on the Seiki exits out the sides the tv, the Samsungs exit straight out the back, had to cut a notch in the door to allow for the connections, didn't care since it can't be seen anyway. Haven't done the outside tv yet.

After changing the tv's I did a channel search on over the air channels, the digital tuner pulled in over twice as many channels!!! Made it worth the effort, expense, and trouble!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.