Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 01:07 AM   #8
Wandering724

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New York
THOR #3477
Wipers quit working.

This is my first post. I would like to say thanks to everyone who does and this saved me a bundle.

I had the washer pump fall out of the tank. So yesterday when I had my 2015 Axis in for an oil change at a Ford dealer, I asked them if they could look at it. Won't go into the fiasco of the oil change but went to pick up the coach and now the windshield wipers do not work. It is 5:30 closing time and they are just finishing it up with no offer to do anything with the wipers. Its now my problem.
I drove it home since I am pretty good at working on the coach and figured I would work on it myself.
I looked for information here and RV.net forum. I had no power at the switch or motor. I located the resettable 20 amp fuse marked P6-1 F02 Wipers in the fuse panel described above. Placed a circuit breaker in place of the fuse and still no power. Put power to the the motor and it worked. Put power to the switch and it worked.
I did more searching on RV.net and found this: "Fuse #45 on inside Fire wall fuse box at left of pedal. Wipers work fine until I try to use Window WASHER. That blows the 5 Amp. fuse. Apparently there is a problem with the washer motor".

Low and behold there is another fuse box inside the cabin to the left of the pedal. Now talk about easy access!!! Not!

Sure enough the #45 fuse is blown. Replaced it and the wipers work. Used the washer pump and it blew the fuse. Took the pump out and hot wired it and it is set up. Found a replacement pump at NAPA and everything is back to normal. I spent about 8 hours troubleshooting and getting this fixed. I am just glad I wasn't spend $87.50 and hour at the dealer. It should have been an hour if I had known there was another fuse box!

The odd thing here is at the moment is that there is no fuse in P6-1 F02 Wipers and they still work. Other diagrams I saw say this is a spare.

Anyway, I hope this helps other if they run into the same problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.