Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 03:09 AM   #19
oldbird

Brand: DRV
State: South Dakota
THOR #4935
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid View Post
Oldbird, 50 amp service is 240 volts with two 120 volt legs. In reality, you have 100 Amps of 120 volt power available. You can easily run 3 AC units and pretty much everything else in your unit with that much power available.

Your 30 amp plug is 120 volts at 30 Amos so you basically have 30% of the power that a 50 amp service provides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
I have no problem running 3 AC's along with Residential frig and electric WH. 50A on each leg allows for a lot of consumption. If you buy or order from Rolling Retreats every RV will have 3 AC's.
Maybe I don't get out enough () but where I'm at in Patagonia, AZ there is a Landmark 5er besides me. He has a 50 amp cord hocked up AND a 30 amp cord hocked up. He has three ac's and both him and the owner of this campsite never heard of 100 amps coming off of a 50 amp plug. I'm not arguing with you guys, just wondering. I do just fine with my 50 amp service and autoformer until I get into a state park with only a 30 amp. I also understand how a 240 service can split into two 120's and feed different curcuits 120. I guess I'm just trying to understand why they just don't call it a 100 amp plugin instead of a 50 amp plugin?
Glenn 08 36tk3 #4571
oldbird is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum