Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #7
w6lmj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Citation 24SR
State: Florida
THOR #7515
Lithium batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
Agreed, don't buy the Harbor Freight panels... I got the 400W Renogy Solar kit from Amazon and coupled with our 4 house batteries, we can stay off grid for a while without using the genset (unless we need AC or the microwave!)
Four batteries and can't use the microwave, interesting. If the four batteries were replaced with lithium batteries, I wonder if you would then be able to use the microwave? As you add solar power and improve storage, I suspect less LP will be needed and more electricity means an increase in its use to cook and use electric devices.

I have also noticed others are installing flexible solar panels that stick to the roof. I haven't compared pricing, but the downside is you can't tilt the panels to increase power generation.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.