Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 01:38 PM   #8
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by rverdlm View Post
My Onan generator will run for hours when I'm sitting still, but when we are on the road it runs for about 20 min and then shuts off. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution.
My vote would be to try the SeaFoam first. I had the exact same issue last fall when I bought my coach. Last month prior to leaving on our current trip I added 2 ounces per gallon of gas in my tank and then drove about 2 miles to make sure it was mixed. The week before our trip I logged several hours on my generator with at least half a load.

I had to buy a ton of Sea Foam because I store with 3/4 of a tank of gas. But even though I burned most of it up the first day on the road I figure my V-10 injectors got cleaned out good also. I know I got almost 1mpg more that first day.

Anyway, it was certainly worth it to spend the money on 8 or 9 cans of SeaFoam because now my gen set runs like a champ going down the road.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum