Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 10:55 PM   #10
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Unfortunately the RV manufacturing industry is pretty much unregulated, and profit driven. My last coach was a fairly high end 41 foot DP, and the first 18 months was pretty much spent with factory reps fixing, repairing, and generally completing the construction process, bolting and screwing things together that did not get done on the assembly line. They also had connected the electrical incorrectly, causing battery drain, and un-grounded circuits. Though the Thor Gemini has not had those problems, it has had its share of warrantee issues, too. I think next Tuesday, another appointment with the dealer, should resolve most if not all the construction and assembly defects, and I have only had it for about seven months. I know folks that have an almost two million dollar Prevost and they have hardly been able to go anywhere with it the first year, because of mostly electrical problems. My point is, the RV manufactures have little incentive to improve their QA, when they can't produce enough units to even meet demand. They are perfectly satisfied to throw RV's together using the least expensive materials and paying assembly workers as little as possible, as long as their dealers continue to complete and fix the assembly problems and issues they create, as well as allowing the consumer to complete the testing process for their assembly methods. If you look at their profit margins, its financially the most effective method of protecting their bottom lines, though frustrating as hell to the consumer and the selling dealers.
Well said.

I recently talked to a dealer and asked them why they quit selling a certain manufacturer's motor homes (mid range class A gas to mid level DPs) and was informed that the manufacturer was sending them units with defects and then refused to reimburse the dealer for the repairs or provide a credit on pricing. The dealer said it got so bad over a couple years that they stopped carrying and selling the line of RVs. To take their place they brought in the Newmar line of motorhomes.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.