Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: dingy
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #8
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmyoung61 View Post

I do have one question. The exhaust break on the Thor Palazzo - does it do anything to the toads breaking? We have never owned a motorhome. The exhaust breaks on our dually didn't affect the trailer brakes, but I don't know how the Palazzo works.

Also - We haven't decided on which kind of braking system. The Ready Brake is a surge brake. Will it engage on a long, down-hill grade? I would hate to get to the bottom of a mountain and find the brakes on my toad burned up.

Thanks!
That's why I didn't go with a surge brake... or one that tries to sense deceleration... it would engage the toad brakes with engine braking... or potentially on a long downhill. I wanted the toad to brake when I pressed the brakes - and only then... (except a breakaway of course - then it can stop as quick as it wants...)

The Invisibrake (and others) engage when the brake pedal is depressed... Not affected by engine braking, coasting, etc.

Even then - the Invisibrake only engages for 15 seconds (until brake pedal is released and depressed again) - so no chance of burning up toad brakes even if I do something silly for the MH brakes...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.