Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 05:21 PM   #19
wsgts

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30 FE
State: Florida
THOR #6556
A/C Problem

Papaw59,

I just spoke to several people on this issue this morning. So far I have:

- Taped the Plenum between the intake and output (helped some), it was not installed correctly from the factory anyway, so that helped a lot.
- Tinted all windows which has helped more than anything so far.
- Foiled backed pillows in all the skylights and Vent covers over every skylight (this was standard practice for me).

To be done:

- Seal the ends of the vents on the front and back (no reason they should be longer than needed)
- Check the vent runs for collapse.
- Check to ensure that the temperature is indeed correct (20 degrees cooler) and the unit was charged properly from the factory.

Speaking with Thor:
13,500 was what the unit was designed with, the guy I spoke with said he doubted Thor would do anything about either changing out the unit or anything else as long as it is working correctly.

Speaking with repair guy:
He would be happy to do whatever I would like to the coach but agrees that Thor/CW should at a minimum put a 15k unit on.

So I don't have an answer, but I have a few days until I leave for Arizona for two weeks. Let me know what CW tells you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum