Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 09:20 PM   #33
INKBLUE12

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #5936
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdlamoreaux View Post
I have done quite a bit to upgrade our 25.1 to make it better suit our family. I have a fairly long write up for each of the items with pictures if anyone would like additional info, but to keep this fairly short I'll just list them here:

Exterior Upgrades:
Added 2 Maxxair II and 1 Maxxair vent covers
Added 2 7" LED backup lights
Added a 25" LED light bar in the front grill
Added 2 6,000# Stabilizing Scissor Jacks to the rear of the coach
Added a Safe-T-Plus steering control
Added an extended stay "T" to the propane system

Driver's compartment Upgrades:
Added an OBD-II Bluetooth adapter connected to a 7" Amazon kindle (dash mounted)for speed and RPM
Added 3 dual USB power outlets
Added a magnetic phone mount
Added a 8"x14" rear view mirror to keep an eye on the kids

Center Console Upgrades:
Built a custom console located below the radio with a shelf, 2 cup holders and a large drawer for maps...
Added a 11" monitor above the radio for a full time backup camera (turn signal cameras are still tied to the radio.)
Added 2 4" speakers built into a little pod that hangs from the overhead.

Passenger Compartment Upgrades:
Raised the cup holder and added an extension to the rear with 2 small plastic trays to hold phone, glasses...
Build a 4" tall 6" wide and 16" long foot stool with a 2" memory foam top covered in a soft matching brown vinyl that slides up under the dash when not in use

Front TV Upgrades:
Added a Full Motion Swivel Articulating mount
Added a remote headphone amplifier for the kid's headphones
Added a 600W Pure Sine Wave Inverter to power the TV, Game System, and Blue ray Player.
Added a Winegard RV-WING Wingman White UHF Booster TV Antenna

Dinette Upgrades:
Added a full width and length drawer to the forward bench
Added a door to the aft bench for access
Upgraded the seat belts to shoulder harnesses for the kids.
Built a padded removable "wall" to the end of the bench so my son has something to lean/sleep on while buckled in.
Added 2 cup holders to the end of the table

Kitchen:
Added an under cabinet paper towel holder
Added a key holder (got the idea from another member of this site, thank you) to the cabinet in the entryway.
Added a cross bar to the screen door
Added 4 small LED night lights

Bathroom
Added a curtain that separates the kitchen from the back of the coach
Added a Two Chamber Soap and Shower Dispenser

Other upgrades:
Installed a hardwired EMS between the transfer switch and the coach power system

Sorry for the long post. If anyone would like more info please let me know and I can add it here. I have pictures, where I bought everything with prices.

Can you tell me more 600 watt pure sine inverter and where did you install it? I am trying to decide where or not to add solar to my 2016 Axis 25.2, roof top or roof mounted.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum