Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Inverter
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #18
pocowok

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
This is an old thread. However I just visited my local Thor dealer, (Mike Thompson RV), and noticed that all the 2015 Hurricane and ACE models on their lot include the Xantrex XM1000 modified sine wave inverter.

It's wired as a pass through inverter, (not a separate few outlets), with ALL outlets having inverter access. There is also no switch to flip for inverter use. If the XM100 is turned on, the inverter automatically provides power to the outlets if the generator or shore power is not providing AC power.

They still come with the standard two 12v deep cell batteries, so there isn't much capacity. You can watch television for a few hours, or charge your notebook and electronics, but that's about it.
Here are some issues you should be aware of:
1. If the Gen/Shore power is active, will the XM1000 limiting it pass thru current to 15A?
2. The modified sine wave may damage your electronics devices.
3. My XM2000 will power up all the outlets, refrigerator and Sat receiver indefinitely when in motion. It will sustains all the loads for at least five hours when in parking mode.
4. XM2000 will also work with the microwave for few minutes without needing to turn on the generator.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.