Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Fire Safety
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 02:31 AM   #1
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Fire Safety

This is not specific to Thor but a reminder for all of us. I had a very chilling call the other night from my daughter who was camping with their 1992 Four Winds Class A 31' motor home at the Colorado River in Yuma, AZ. They were leaving their camp site on their pontoon when they noticed that their coach was becoming engulfed in flames. Thank the Almighty that they had all their babies on board the boat, the dogs didn't go on this trip and no one was injured. The Class A is nothing but a burnt out cinder. Don't know at this point what caused the fire but I suspect old wiring or problems with the refrigerator. The point is that we are talking about our Axis as far as scenarios for escape routes in the event of a fire while we are inside. Very sobering call as I said.... I'll share more info as I get it. Got a bit of a story how a BLM uniform employee was reading my daughter's family the riot act about possible HAZMAT costs because of the totally burned motor home but that might lead me into a very negative rant....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum