Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #1
Feburns

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Florida
THOR #1485
Chateau 31 W Refrigerator Faux paux

For some reason I find this humorous rather than annoying. I just bought this Class C Motorhome and one of the best features is a full sized refrigerator. Unfortunately the ice maker can't be used yet and I have to take it back to have them work on it. The problem? The shelf in the freezer needs to be lowered so that the ice maker will work. But....they way this fridge fits in the RV the door will not open enough to just slide it out. They are going to have to either remove the freezer door or pull the whole thing out just so they can open the freezer door enough to lower the shelf. After discovering this, I looked at three other identical units and they all have the same problem. Really surprised no one checks these things before shipping them out. No one with this problem can use their ice maker. There is no way to have the arm on the ice maker lower with the bin in place on the upper shelf. Pictures attached..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chateau Frige 1.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge Photo 2.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	200  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge Photo 3.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	201  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum