Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Mileage
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 07:18 PM   #11
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
We have a 2017 Freedom Elite 26HE on a Ford E-450 chassis. Recently returned from a 4000 mile 10 state tour of western states. It was a marvelous trip and the coach was nearly perfect. For the trip we averaged 8.12 mph with careful record keeping. I could wish it was better but I'm ok with it. It was still a new engine at the outset (fewer than 1000 miles), we drove pretty fast (averaged about 70, I think, sometimes more, occasionally less) because the speed limit is 80 in many of the states we were in. Also there were some impressive western winds including wind advisories in New Mexico of 50 mph gusts and we crossed the Rocky Mountains a couple of times. I'm confident we'll see 9 or even 10 on some future occasions. The machine seems to have a sweet spot at about 63 or 64 mph and I'll try to stay in it on roads where the limit isn't 80! Good travels.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum