Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 02:53 PM   #8
BWare

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Tennessee
THOR #5918
High pitch whistle

Amanda, I had a very similar experience with the new '16 Windsport 31S. It had the high pitch whistle from the very beginning. I shouldn't have accepted it from the dealer in FL, but was in a hurry to get to the FMCA event in Perry, GA, the next day. I finally got it to Wakarusa and the tech filled every opening behind the hood that might have gone into the cockpit, in addition to resealing the front side windows and windshield. He also fixed several minor items and others he found that probably should have been found before it came off the line.
In any case, the whistle continues, but less distracting. (We could hardly hear the radio without turning the volume to HIGH,) We've found a solution that is simple enough, and it stops the whistle. Just release the drivers' or passenger's window locks and the whistle goes away. It's MAGIC.
Bruce W.
USAF 9(Ret.)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.