Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #1319
DinoC41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
New 39" Vizio TV install

During my last trip i finally had the chance to try the cg cable. All 3 tvs got nothing. The Seiki tvs did not have the qam tuners. So it was time to replace them

The bedroom and outside tv will be replaced with Samsung 32". Because they sit in a cabinet i can not put a larger one in. Costco has them for $179. They are not smart tvs but i dont need them to be. Ill get the tvs when my buddy buys 800 rounds of 30.06 that i dont need anymore. That should be next week.

I know the 2018s now have 40" tvs in the living area. I did some research and a 40 will not fit without sticking out into the hallway. But the 39" Vizio from Costco $219 fits perfect with a mod to the bracket.

I called Thor and was told they use 3/4" plywood as the backer for the tv bracket and it has a weight capacity of 20 pounds.

The Vizio weighs 14 pounds so i was good there. The old tv weiggted 10.5 pounds.

The bracket is screwed into the wall/backer with 6 wood screws. The mounting plate is screwed into this bracket with 4 self tapping screws. The bracket that screws into the tv mounts/attaches to the mounting plate.

I had to remove the 4 self tapping screws on the mounting plate and move it one hole over. This was needed to keep the tv from hitting the cabinets. Two screws went into the old holes and i had to make new holes. All wires and plug went in no problem. The picture is way better and i got 160 digital channels after the scan. I did need to put a self sticking felt type pad behind the tvs corner because it was touching the wall.

Heres some pics of before, the install, and after.

In the pic with the blue tape on the bracket i used that to catch the metal shavings that was created by the self tapping screws

If you have questions let me know.

Jerry
Attachment 5122Attachment 5123Attachment 5124Attachment 5125Attachment 5126Attachment 5127Attachment 5128Attachment 5129Attachment 5130

Nice job Jerry...how many channels were you getting with the previous TV?

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.