Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Engine Noise
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry B. View Post
Rookie question: I have a '17 Vegas w/6.8L V10. I'm doing some mountain driving currently and was wondering about the amount of noise from the engine when climbing these mt. grades. I 'm concerned that maybe I'm not in the proper gear or something and don't want to damage anything. Appreciate any guidance. Thanks and stay safe.
I am guessing that you are talking about the same noise I noticed when driving grades last summer on our Yellowstone trip. I am just guessing that it is also caused by the fan clutch doing its job to keep the engine running at the right temperature. The fan clutch makes the fan rotate at the same speed the engine is turning when the engine needs additional cooling like during mountain driving instead of free spinning and reducing drag. As one of the other members wrote, I think it goes with the territory of a gasser engine to the front right of the driver's seat. Enjoy.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum