Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 11:56 PM   #14
aero77

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
How well does each work? (Does the BT microphone pick up a lot of engine noise?)
When I was at our unit I figured out that I could put the GPS antenna at the very front of the dash (provided there is enough cable) and the BT microphone I'll probably put close to the steering column (want to get it up and away from the doghouse).
I have the antenna on top dash inside coach, just forward of radio. No need to install it on roof. I do not have it by the defrosters and it works great, no loss of GPS nav signal or radio reception. I do not have the XM antenna connected though. I put the BT mic on the right side of drivers steering column. People tell me they hear me fine, and they come through the speakers fine as well. I have had no issues with the 215N since I have had it 2 months ago. The GPS has some cool features in it as well, and I am still messing around with it and learning new things all the time. It still has the NOAA features, camera's with music in background except when in reverse, remote control, and much more. The 212 was not user friendly at all, but this one is easy to operate right out the box.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum