Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 12:04 AM   #15
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero77
The 212 was not user friendly at all, but this one is easy to operate right out the box.
I have to agree: I just spent the last half hour or so driving around in my car with the 215 plugged into the cigarette lighter. A few observations:
  • Its very cool compared to the 212--well ok not useful but:
  • The Nav feature is very fast. Much faster than Ford's MyFord Touch. Recalculates very quickly when you go off route (don't know if its yelling at me since I didn't have speakers connected)
  • You have to connect the "brake" wire to ground (or a switch to ground for the parking brake) if you want to be able to play DVDs
  • No more setting the clock: Just leave it set to "use nav clock" (uses the GPS)
  • There is a screen where you can keep track of your fillups and odometer settings to track miles per gallon
  • There is another screen that you can setup with your maintenance schedule
  • The GPS is very quick to sync up and it doesn't really care where the antenna is (it fell off my dash onto the floor of the car and it was still able to track my location). (I'm not really concerned about this anyway since the Axis front is all fiberglass and won't block any GPS signals)
Didn't really play with any of the bluetooth features as my phone would probably have got confused attempting to sync to both the 215 and my car at the same time.
Looking forward to putting this into the RV (most likely this weekend).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.