Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 12:29 AM   #164
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggys Vegas View Post
Has anybody figured an easy and not to painful way to add oil to the engine on the Vegas?
My Hurricane's V10 is just as painful to fill with fresh oil.

I found that if you remove the windshield, and the fiberglass front cap you can have clear and easy access to the oil filler tube!

Or, you can purchase a large funnel and attach plastic tubing long enough to reach your fill tube, (kinda like building a "beer bong" as those college folks call them), from the front of your coach with the bonnet/er... hood open.

The tricky part is holding the funnel up in the air, higher than the fill tube, so that gravity feeds the oil into you engine. OK, that's not the tricky part. The real tricky part is performing the oil change by yourself, bending down to pick up the large jug of oil, while you are maintaining the funnel above the level of the oil fill tube so that you do not make a complete mess.

I managed it, and I also installed a new EZ-106 EZ Oil Drain Valve with removable Hose End Combo in the oil pan to make draining easier next time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum