Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 01:23 AM   #26
w6lmj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Citation 24SR
State: Florida
THOR #7515
Quote:
Originally Posted by jutdean View Post
I have about 8000 miles on my Citation. I've tracked gas mileage from the beginning. You really start paying for it once you go over 65 mph. Best I've done is 18 mpg worst was 14 mpg. A couple of notes that I think are important to consider:

I live in FL so everything is very flat.
I'm usually loaded up pretty well.
Not many of my trips involve just setting the cruise control at 65 and running for 300 miles. I bet I'd get more in the 17-18 mpg range.
I've learned not to fill up the water tank when I am just going to a RV park as there will be a hook up there and I don't need to carry around all the extra weight.

Side note - It's really annoying that the gas light comes on at a quarter of a tank. I'm always stopping to fill up thinking I'm running close to empty just to find I had another 6 gallons in the tank.

I'm glad I have the propane generator as I think the range on the RV is not great and it would be even worse if I had the generator running off the same diesel tank.
Thank you for the detailed post. My punch list includes a faucet in the bathroom that isn't right. They have ordered one, and the pad on the step on the drive's side came off the very first time I drove it out of the driveway. So, I guess the games are beginning.

However, I am very pleased I bought the 24SR and have purchased a Fiat 500C with manual transmission and am now researching what tow system to install.

I have TT since 1974 and have never done better than 14 MPG. Normally, much closer to 10 MPG, and as low as 6.5 MPG. I will be very pleased to do noticeably better.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.