Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 12:15 PM   #28
w6lmj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Citation 24SR
State: Florida
THOR #7515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Seems Thor didn't completely think through the wet bay. We have the Gemini, which is setup a bit differently, city water has its own direct connect, tank fill is separate. The pan does have an opening for the sewer hose to drop through on its way to the dump connection, & the compartment closes ok with the sewer hose connected and since city water is a separate connect, that poses no obstruction. I too love the Mercedes chassis, it is by far the best driving small motor home of any I have driven. Mileage is incredible, averages about 17MPG, instead of the 6.5 I was used to on former DP. There are no shortage of things I wish Thor had done a bit differently, but overall, now that we have spent 6 or 7 months getting defects fixed, its a pretty usable little MH. We only have one knife valve for the black tank and one for the grey. We will come to the one year mark around November 1st, so as of this moment in time, I believe everything is working, will get some summer use out of it, then see if anything breaks prior to the one year mark.
Very nice write-up. I went to look at the 24TX and think I like the concept for the bed in the back. It seems more practical than the bed in the 24SR. I have the loft bed instead of the front skylight, which for me, with 13 grandchildren will undoubtedly come in handy. I am planning three trips this year. A short trip to West Palm Beach from De Leon Springs, Florida. Then a trip to Key West. Finally, I will take a two-month trip to chase the solar eclipse in the Midwest, and then stay out west for family and business for about two months. I will visit most western states, including California and Montana, but will likely miss Texas.

I wonder how well the 24SR will handle the mountains pulling the Fiat 500. I am guessing it will slow me down, but not cause me to be the slowest RV climbing a mountain grade. I am about to order either the Roadmaster, or the Blue OX base plate for the Fiat 500C. I am sure I will spend a few days on the install of the base plate, breaklights, and associated systems. With any luck the first two trips will go well before the long trip around the nation.

Thanks again for your excellent writeup.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.