Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
You haven't traveled the Ohio Turnpike.

The recently renovated service plaza's on the OH turnpike have a separate area for RV's that includes at least 30A service. They are relatively inexpensive, no attendant, you just pay at a kiosk (have to put your receipt on your dash so a patrolling officer can see it if/when they come by). The only real downside is that many of the plaza's only offer back in sites--thus if you've got a toad you either disconnect it or just park by the trucks.

Easy to back in with a 5er:

....cut.....

No, haven't stayed there yet, but will make a mental note if in that area on future trip.

I'm curious how they locate power pedestal so it doesn't get run over too easily. I can't see any connections on pictures. I'm assuming that in back-in spaces the pedestal is behind the guardrail, is that right?

Pull-throughs may require some kind of divider to separate parking spaces in order to locate power pedestal, which would add cost.

Curbside parking like on picture above may be an option. Worst case half the pedestals would be on wrong side but that's not that big an issue for most.

P.S. -- A great benefit of power-only parking sites like this is that they could stay open year round. Last year we had difficulties finding RV Parks that were open due to freezing weather.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.