Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 09:42 PM   #14
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
- running your generator, even all night, will be a fraction of the cost of an overnight RV park stay this time of year... use the generator, that's what it's there for.

- if you only want to use the roof fan, it should be able to be run all night with no problem. In the morning, you should still have plenty of voltage to start the generator, but even so, most coaches have a 'AUX' switch on the dash that allows you to make use of BOTH your engine battery AND your house battery to start either the generator OR the engine if one happens to be low...

- if you have any 'live' outlets that run off your inverter(if you have one), you can also run any type of 120v fan, which is what I do near my bed. I like blowing air on me at night, especially when it's humid or warm. My wife, on the other hand, at the same time will be under several covers!

- if you don't have an inverter, you can still make use of a 120v personal fan by purchasing a simple and inexpensive inverter from Wmt(when you arrive!) that connects directly to your house battery(s) with alligator style clips(especially convenient if your house battery(s) are under your interior step)... if your fan won't reach as far as you'd like, you can always use an extension cord.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum