Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #174
w6lmj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Citation 24SR
State: Florida
THOR #7515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
I have installed 2 base plates so far

Road master on my 2012 Ford Fiesta and a Blue Ox on my 2013 Infiniti G37 coupe.

I spend one full day on both and the directions that come with the products are both excellent.

ONE THING!!!!! Buy many drill bites and get the most expensive you can buy! OMG! The metal in the front of cars is STRONG! Money well spent and have at least two or you will be driving mid install to the hardware store for more - always return what you do not use!

That is my only advise.

Sure you have to pull the entire front fashia off the car but like stated here prior - not that hard as it is plastic, light weight, and held on my simple screws.

GO FOR IT - Save a lot of money and know it is done RIGHT!

Darren
Darren, thank you for the sage advice. I am leaning towards the Blue OX, but it strikes me that both are good products. I have about two weeks before I hit the road, so I am running out of time. I still need to select an A-frame, most likely also the Blue OX model and lights and break-system.

Any advice on which is the easiest to install while being completely safe?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum