Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 10:52 PM   #1
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Advice to New Owners for Your PDI

When you get ready to pick up your new RV the dealer should perform a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI). This PDI is far more than checking the RV cosmetics and check to see if all the screws are tight. This is where the dealer should show you how to operate everything on shore power, generator, and battery power. It should demonstrate that all systems work as designed.

Many questions that appear in this forum concern things the dealer should have showed a new owner during the PDI. Here are some questions a new owner should be prepared to ask the dealer to demonstrate or explain:

1. What does the USE/STORE switch do? When should it be in Use, when in STORE? What effect does the switch have on charging the coach batteries?

2. Show me how to connect the sewer hose? Show me how the sewer connection swivels down? Show me where ALL the valves are to drain the Black and Gray Tanks.

3. Show me where all the Low Point Drains are?

4. Show me the refrigerator works on electric and gas?

5. Show me how the furnace lights and operates?

6. Where are all the system fuses and circuit breakers?

7. Demonstrate the correct way to extend the slides and lower the bunk without increasing the likelihood of getting the Lippert synchronous motors out of sync. Show where the controller is for the slide AND the bunk. (The bunk controller is behind a false wall on the top shelf, left wall of the kitchen cabinet)

8. Show me how to operate the Tank Less Hot Water system. Show me how to adjust hot water temp in the shower and kitchen faucet.

9. Where is the Emergency Flasher switch?

10. Show me how to scan TV stations using the antenna and when connected to cable. Where is the antenna amplifier and when should it be On or Off?

11. If equiped, where is the Video control and how does it work?

12. Show me how to use and adjust the Night Shade.

There are probably others that will chime in and add to this list.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum