Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 12:58 AM   #177
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post
I still don't know why people spend so much money on tow bars adapters and braking systems tow dollies are not that expensive and tow just as easy .
We've used 2 different tow dollies and they worked ok to get from point A to B pounding pavement but they were always in the way otherwise. We hit forest service roads and disconnect the toad. With dolly we had to wheel it around by hand and either tow it with the toad or let it bounce more excessively behind the motorhome. Invariably when left attached to the motorhome it had to be disconnected in the most inconvenient situations ... such as one time when headed up a steep single track road we discovered was blocked by a big tree and there was no way I'd make it all the way back down that trail in reverse with the dolly attached that I couldn't even see clearly! Flat tow is vastly more simple in our experience and totally worth the extra cost for our excursions.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.