Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #16
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
As usual Ed your advise is good and the questions you listed excellent.

The problem is based on my observations not many of these sales people would be capable of answering many of those questions with more than a good guess.

We purchased from a good dealer and the two salesmen we worked with had a pretty good "general" knowledge of the rv that they sold us. However they could never answer the majority of those technical questions properly ( facts not opinion or one fits all answers ) unless you gave them the list a couple of days before. Perhaps that would be the way to handle it , submit the list a couple of days prior to delivery so that they could do some homework.

I questioned one of the dealer techs and a salesman about Qam tuners and the Seiki tv sets , they had no clue what I was talking about.
That was one of many questions that I asked that were answered with either blank stares , very broad and general answers or in a couple of cases wrong answers.
I don't really blame them and in reality feel it is my job to do my due diligence regarding the product before I buy. They have several product lines to deal with and really can't know all of the answers.
But with that said if I am dropping $70k on their desk then I should expect that they will make a call to the factory and get me answers to any question that I may ask.
Research and forums like this one with folks like you that go that extra mile and produce a spectacular owners manual make the learning curve much easier for folks like me.

Pete

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum