Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 05:50 PM   #18
glamperjan

State: Arizona
THOR #7430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
We're in a campsite that is narrow and hard to get out 2017 ACE 29.4 in and out of. Hoping to go a week or ten days without having to go to a dump station, we tried to use as little water as possible with each flush. In a few days we had a good size pyramid of paper and waste. Tried to clear it with a number of full bowl flushes. The second bowlfull caused the dirty water to back up into the bowl.
I made a midnight run to Walmart for a plunger and snake. Plunger took out the water but the pile of toilet paper and crap remained. After an unpleasant half hour of fishing around with a snake and dumping several additional bowls full of water I finally broke up the pile enough to wash away the paper. I'll have to say that the elbow sure SEEMED like a 90 degree turn; yet another Thor design flaw.
Looks like our best options are to flush full bowls each time and make multiple trips to the dump station, or to squeeze a diaper container into the already too small bathroom.
What engineer at Thor thought a 90 degree elbow was a good idea???
I may have been next to you at the campground cuz that exact same thing happened to a guy camping in Michigan. He didn't have a Thor but he had to get a snake. Water backed up into his bowl also. Make sure the toilet paper is RV ready and not just septic safe. It should dissipate within 20 minutes period you can test with one piece of paper in a cup of water and time it. if it turns to slime then it's good to go. Good luck with your next dump.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.