Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #9
dcbenny

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by John & Diane View Post
Hi Everyone, We visited Rec Pro in Bristol Indiana Tuesday to check out their 58" coach/recliner. We really liked it so we bought it. By unboxing the pieces, bases and backs, it fit in our SUV.

Worked on removing the old bench along the outside wall and moving the converter and heat ducts yesterday and put the recliners in today. Moving the converter and organizing the wiring took the most time. I used some paneling that matches our interior to make an insert for where the converter originally came from. I located one of the heat ducts in that panel. I framed the end of the remaining bench seat and moved the converter there and trimmed it out with more paneling. I had to move one junction box and a ground wire block. I did not have to unhook any wiring to make these changes. By removing some of the wood where the converter was mounted I was able to move it from the original location to the new location without disconnecting anything.

Today we put the recliners in. I attached lengths of chain to the bases that I bolted to the seat belt bolts. This allows the seats to be pulled forward to allow for full extension in case someone wants to sleep on them. Up against the wall they work as a regular recliner. Check their website for more information. RecPro.com

Next project will be to turn the remaining bench into an end table of some sort.

Attached are some pics.

John & Diane
Looks awesome looking to do same also raising the short bench and using the old dinette top as the counter top for it

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum