Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
As part of the same general RV selection guide, they also list Pros and Cons to Class As, which in my opinion would be so very different if applied to a 45-ft diesel pusher versus a 21-foot Class A.

Even though both may technically be Class As, comparing the Pros and Cons of 21-versus 45-ft coaches directly (on same list) is misleading. Whether it's suitability for full-time living, fuel economy, ease of driving, ease of storage, having to tow a second vehicle, etc., the Pros/Cons should be more size related than "Class A" related. The entire document doesn't appear that well thought out or organized.

Having said that, it is interesting that Thor has not only been aware of the need for smaller products (CEO has mentioned it a few times), but that they seem to have had good success with them as well. The Axis/Vegas has sold well, the Airstream tiny Basecamp was redesigned and reintroduced, winning an RV of the Year 2017 award, and Jayco just came out with the Ultra Light "all-new" compact Hummingbird trailer towable by smaller vehicles.

I doubt a 21-foot Class A will happen, but if it does I'd expect it under the Jayco brand. Last year there was a report that Jayco was looking at building smaller Class As, possibly on E-Series chassis like the Axis and Vegas. Maybe Thor just wants to beat Hymer to the North America market in this Class A size range.

Personally, I'd be very interested to see how Thor (or any US manufacturer) would approach designing a modern Class A that small.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5147.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	5209  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum