Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 10:03 AM   #123
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z
Pretty neat, eh?

This turned out to be an incredibly simple project, and uses an ATTiny85 with a bit of Arduino code. It is one of the major success stories for my design skills... in other words, it is one of the projects that actually worked!
LOL! That is really cool and fits right in on the panel there. Good work.

Quote:
I have not yet given up on the tank monitor but I want to explore the FDC1004 a bit more. I see that the output is I2C, but I don't think those levels can be transmitted more than a couple of feet. So I also ordered a couple AD5171s, which are an I2C to variable resistor IC, so I can shoot an analog voltage to the monitor... probably via opto-isolator, etc.
Yeah the V2 plan is to mount the new circuit in a box next to the tanks. Since I'm going to bluetooth it to the phone (got all the examples and test apps working already) I only need to wire power there. By being next to the tanks my I2C bus length will be really short (1" or less) and the sensor wires will only be 1-2ft long (I'll probably try to make use of the shielding pins on the FDC as well).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum