Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 07:12 PM   #5
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010
Looks good Jamie. Is it a wipe on, wipe off or do you have to buff and did one bottle do the whole coach?
The front cap on mine is really faded also. Not sure anything short of a paint job will fix it.
The sun side of mine is really showing some oxidation and I need to get on it right away.
It is wipe on, wait 10-15 minutes, wipe off--very much like a wax (even smells like the old Turtle wax paste wax). It comes off easier than a wax though (unlike said Turtle wax). I hand removed it--no buffers--because I didn't want to mess up the decals (I'm pretty sure Thor says "no buffers" anyway for the same reason). Even had a neighbor drop by offering up his buffer LOL.

I did find that, in the sunlight, it does dry quicker on the darker decals and thus required a little more elbow grease to get off of those.

I still have a little remaining in the one bottle I used (on their website they say that 1 12oz bottle is good for a 25 ft RV or boat).

The bottle does have some warnings about applying in direct sunlight when the temp is greater than 85F--don't! This is the reason I started out at 7am and did my applying to the shady side of the RV chasing the sun around during the morning.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.