Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 11:36 PM   #6
ArrrV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
Extended Service Contract?

I'll try for a more balanced response. What works best for you depends on your skills and ability to absorb what may be large unplanned expenses at what, according to Murphy's Law, is the worst possible time. Also factor in how long you plan to keep your coach. If you can do simple engine / generator / AC repair and are comfortable knowing if a repair shop is bamming you then you might want to put the cost of a service plan aside for future repairs and replacements. Replacement/repair costs for hydraulic systems (levelers and slides), AC's, refrigerators can add up, so if an unexpected expensive repair would throw your budget into a tizzy than you would sleep better knowing you were covered. You also need to clearly understand what is NOT covered--ask about seals and gaskets, damage caused to a different component as a result of the first damaged component (subsequent damage), outside wall coverage (fiberglass delamination), and damage caused by road hazards.
All that said, the price you shared was high, too high IMHO for the deductible. If you are still interested in an extended service plan, I sugget that you get more quotes.

PS: I have purchased an extended service plan, after collecting several quotes, for my prior two coaches and for my current coach. It paid for itself on my prior two coaches for the repairs and replacements I needed in the 7 years I owned each one.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.