Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #1420
VinceAndPam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Arkansas
THOR #3744
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Another day and another project done. A BIG Thank You to Jerry for this excellent idea, I think he must have been an engineer in a former life?

Installed my AC vents today. I used stainless machine screws with fender washers and nylock nuts. The edge of the washers were up over the lip of the vent mount, put them in a vise and bent, now they sit flat.

Attachment 5213

Attachment 5214
Dave, I actually came up with this mod as a way to get more air out of the AC unit(s). I'm happy to report that we just came back from a week stay in Pensacola Beach, FL and this mod along with swapping out the original analog thermostats for digital ones allowed our rig to stay at any temp we set it to. We have a little 5lb MaltiPoo named Oreo that travels with us and stays in the RV sometimes while we go out. She has long hair and gets hot easily. The RV park we stayed in had no shade but I set the thermostats to 70 degrees and the rig stayed between 69 and 71 the entire time with this mod. I have a WirelessTag system that allows me to check the temp at anytime while I'm away via my smartphone and it also alerts me if the temp goes outside of the parameters I configure.

Vince

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum