Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #18
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
So I stopped at the truck service center that did my alignment (without the MH) today - they seem competent to me - to ask about the leaning. He looked up my alignment service work - which included corner weights - and found that the left side of my 26HE is about 550 lbs heavier than the right side. He said that certainly is enough to cause some lean but it's probably really only an aesthetic issue causing no actual problems. He also said he probably can fix it by adding a leaf or helper spring to the left side and that the cost would be under $300. The weight issue certainly seems like a function of the floor plan (which we really like and is what sold us on this model). In the 26HE the slide, the kitchen, the dinette, the generator, the propane, the fresh water and almost all of the inside and outside storage are on the left side. Since the lean is slightly greater with the slide extended and no doubt is greater still with DW and me sleeping in it AND since we always sleep with our heads towards the outside we probably are sleeping somewhat heads down. That's probably not ideal but it hasn't really bothered us so far. At this point I don't think I'm going to have it "fixed" but I'll probably be more attentive to using one more leveling block on that side. My storage lot is not far from the truck place though so I'll probably run it by for an actual quote.
If he didn't give you a copy already, you may want to ask for one of the corner weights. It'll allow you to check against chassis ratings, plus also help you set the correct tire pressures.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.