Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 03:16 PM   #1474
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
You would think with all the education I have I would be FAIRLY smart, obviously not! I started the generator so I could run the AC while I was working inside the coach, after about 15 min or so the generator started surging, what now? I let the generator cool down and pulled off the side panel, no obvious problems, checked air cleaner, no problem. Put SeaFoam in the fuel tank, ran the generator about 10-15 min to get SeaFoam in to the carburetor, let sit overnight.

This morning tried again about 15 min later surging started again. Opened generator up again, still no obvious problems, so now I'm thinking about pulling the carburetor to clean it. As I was staring at the generator and dreading pulling the carb the light came on!

I had parked about 3 feet farther to the left than what I normally do. The ground slopes up on the side where the generator it, finally figured out there was not enough room under the generator and after about 15 min it's overheating!!! Dummy!!!

I guess the moral to this story is: "when all else fails, pull your head out of your ass"!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2060.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	5314  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum