Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #7
rick kirby

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
Nope, don't swivel.

I called Thor( I expect them to block me soon) and ask the tech what I was suppose to do.
His answer floored me. He said " cut at larger hole where the access hole is now ". SAY WHAT ? I asked him if he was one of the mentally challenged designers of this system. ( gets their attention every time !).
He said to take it back to General. I said it's 75 miles away and I'd like to take a 2nd trip this year.
I asked this: on the bottom of the tank where the 3" pipe goes in, it has a large clamp, it has a substance that squeezed out when clamped down, was it glue or sealer ? He said if it's yellow it's glue. I said it's while and fairly soft. He said, we don't use sealer.

So I told him I'm taking to to a repair shop close and I'll be sending him the bill.

He said they're not Thor approved.
I told him they were $85 per hr compared to generals $149 per hr.

When I'm able to empty the tank I'm going to try to loosen up that band and turn the whole shabang.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.